A Travellerspoint blog

Trip 2013

The Long road home


October 23-29, 2013
The ride to the airport was uneventful. The traffic was heavy but with Annette helping with the signs we arrived in plenty of time to make the flight. The flight was delayed but it wasn’t a big deal for us because we had a 6 hour layover in London. The flight from London was another story. Another mechanical problem so they had to find another airplane, we didn’t take off until after 9pm and didn’t land in Boston until 11pm. Of course there was no gate available, another delay. When we arrived at customs, there was only one agent on duty, for all US citizens. That took another hour and then we had to go rounds with the rental car company because he wanted to charge us twice the price because the reservation was for the day before. He finally relented and we were on our way to Cape Cod. We arrived around 3:30 in the morning, caught a few hours sleep and then it was Connor time. He is getting so big. He is on rice cereal now and chugging down formula like crazy. I’m glad we don’t have to feed him for the next 20 years. We would need to go out and get full time jobs. The girls came over for dinner with Scott and they are getting so grownup. It’s homecoming weekend with the football game on Friday night and the dance tonight. It’s my job to take the pictures and drive them to the dance. We overnight baby sat, while Craig and Val spent the night in Boston. Craig just called a few minutes ago and they had a great time. Connor was really good overnight and ate all his breakfast this morning. He is taking a nap at the moment, so we are trying to get thing packed up for the rest of our journey, back to Bonita. It will be sad leaving the children and grand children but we do miss everyone in Florida and besides the temp was 28 degrees this morning. That’s not a typo; I had to get the wood stove going, just to get the frost out of the room. We spent the rest of the day playing with Connor and the early evening taking pictures of our grownup twin granddaughters. It was another late night with Craig and Val. We had a lovely dinner and yes, some more wine. We were up early and finally set off for the last leg of the trip back to Bonita. We left around 9am and did make it to Virginia before giving up and finding a hotel room for the night. The next stop was Brunswick GA and another early night. Only 400 miles left to go in the morning and this journey is over. We arrived back home around 3 in the afternoon and Norm and Sherri were nice enough to have us over for dinner. Hugs and kisses all around, warm weather and back on the tennis courts. Yahoo! The End.
Annette and Bob

Posted by Annette-Bob 11:36

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint